Thursday 5 April 2012

Turning Tables

Hello everybody
While reading over a letter i recieved from Namaui, thinking about advice from Xboy9 via skype and reviewing some of my forum posts on Xpilot and here (along with many of the responses to them), i've done a little self evaluation and had a revelation. I've come to realize, that my behavior has not been acceptable, and if i keep this up, I'll never be able to dig myself out of the rut I've created, if anything I'll get deeper.

I'll admit it. I am rash, ignorant and immature, and if you look anywhere, you'll find posts of me ripping on others, including those horrid posts that you saw at x-pilot. I've never been the type of person to stop and think about what I'm doing, and that has come back to haunt me. I over reacted to what other people were telling me, and I didn't take their advice in the right way. I looked back at what they posted, and i realize now that although a few were expressing pure disdain, a lot were trying to help me, and i simply turned my back on them, instead of accepting their help and trying to better myself.

In an attempt to start on a clean slate (though this certainly will be a long haul) i have decided to start my own project which will be the 767-300. I will be constructing the Flight model by myself in plane maker since there isn't any base to work off of, with plenty of mid-work shots and videos to show constant progress. As Far as objects are concerned, Hiroshi granted me a while back permission to use his 3d models, however, THAT IS ALL THAT WILL BE USED, everything and i mean EVERYTHING else (texture wise, panel wise and flightmodel/airfoil wise) will be 100% my own, and you can quote me on it!

As it is now, i'm still lacking any progress shots for this model, as building an aircraft from scratch is still relatively new to me. I am also issuing a public apology to both x-pilot and x-plane.org. I am here saying sorry for all the rude comments, death threats, angry rants etc.. that were visible on the forums and my blog, i would especially like to apologize to Six7 and BrentS for all of my rude words towards the two of you. Honestly, i'm an arrogant person, but most things always work out my way when i argue, so it just isn't something i'm used to doing, but i do want us to at least bury the hatchet, even if i don't get let back into the .org.

Once again, i am truly sorry for my actions in the past (i can understand that this may never be enough for the way i treated you). I hope to one day rebuild my X-plane career under a lighter path and create honestly made, quality addons for the community. I sincerely hope that i am on the right track again and if anyone would like to offer more advice that will be constructive to my future (i'm open to criticisms as well) then by all means please, send away. Once again you have my apologies.

~Zroman

2 comments:

  1. What about A321 which you were about to release ?
    A word of advice for you. DONT keep switching between projects. You are just making us confused all the time. People won't know what to expect from you. And I dont think your apology means anything to the guys at org now because you have done the same thing over and over again. Nevertheless I wish all the best for your future projects and hope to see the good part of you from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i know. a copyright issue has arisen with the a321, and although it appears that i should be okay with releasing it, there may be a few snags. so until that is sorted out, the a321 is postponed. along with that, the 748 will be left to SSG to finish, not me. Finally, the project pipe now puts the 767 family in first place, because of their lack of copyright materials and lack of base models. it will be an opportunity for me to prove to the world that i can in fact create 100% home made jet aircrafts.

      ~zroman

      Delete